SuperCoding Robotics Science Camp
11-15 June 2018
Join us for one week this June as we jump into a wonderous journey of science exploration and robotics building created for curious young minds.
Learn how to build gravity defying structures and understand the forces behind them, use computer aided design techniques to model 3D objects and engineer and code your own robots with the Lego EV3 platform to navigate a perilous obstacle course!
|Half Day Program|
|Full Day Program|
|Monday||Material Science & Aerodynamics||Lunch/ Pickup||Lego Robotics||Pickup|
|Tuesday||Computer Aided Design (3D CAD)||Lunch/ Pickup||Lego Robotics||Pickup|
|Wednesday||Rube Goldberg Simple Machines||Lunch/ Pickup||Lego Robotics||Pickup|
|Thursday||Physics, Forces & Architecture||Lunch/ Pickup||Lego Robotics||Pickup|
|Friday||Thermodynamic Principles||Lunch/ Pickup||Lego Robotics||Pickup|
As well as awesome science projects, our SuperCoding Summer Campers will learn how to code and design their very own Lego Robots with the advanced Lego EV3 platform. Instructed by our very own award winning Lego Robotics master Mark, students will learn key STEAM skills like:
- How to build robots from over 50 blocks of code
- Use color sensors, gyros, ultrasonic sensors, rotation sensors and more!
- Advanced programming algorithms and principles.
The final project of this class is an extensive maze obstacle course where students will modify their robots to compete against each other and try to finish in the fastest time possible!
Full Day Price: 9:00am - 3:00pm, Monday-Friday
Half Day Price: 9:00am - 12 midday, Monday-Friday
What You Need to Know
- Runs for one week at the SuperCoding Academy Monday 11th to Friday 15th June 2018.
- Each day starts at 9:00am and ends at 3:00pm. An alternative half day program is available from 9:00am to 12 midday (children must be picked up by 1pm at the latest).
- We welcome children aged 7+ to join our program and come meet like-minded SuperCoders!
- Only 10 places are available for the program, ensuring that your child gets the attention and care they require at all times.
- Lunch breaks are held 12 midday to 1pm (lunch not included and students should bring their own).
What NOT to Bring: Cell Phones/ MP3 Players/ Electronic Games/ Trading Cards/ Toys/ Anything Valuable